Mode4 Forums

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:10 am 

1- Something that is not an issue but look more like a logical thing to me, to pick up the stuff you are using the "A" button, even if the element will be assigned to 'X' (Nitro barrel)
I would use A to pickup and assign on "A", and use X to pickup and assign on "X"

2- I kind of stuck myself with the Nitro Barrel... I didn't know how to use it, and I dropped it in front of a one way issue, I had to put a bomb in front of it and kill myself with it. Maybe it will be nice to pass through the element that you put on the floor

3- I had also an issue, Put a bomb in front of the boss door, and then there is a mini cut scene that block the character for few seconds...with the bomb that explode

4- That's a small thing, but the water layer is not correctly set (it overlap with the bridge)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:18 am 

About the Pick Up button with A issue, it's a valid point. The other way around would be weird as well though, with a different button to pick up each item no?
What do you think?

Not knowing what an item does the first time around we feel it's kind of the learning process. I guess we're not too keen on tutorials ans such BUT we still no add item description which will hopefully mitigate these occurrences.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:23 am 

In Zelda on Gameboy, it's how it works. You press the button where you want to assign the idem.

It's two different approach, the first one is using an unique button to validate, the other one is based on key assignments.

As you use the same visualisation than a Zelda, I was expecting the other approach

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:34 pm 

Other things:
1- If the controller is plugged after the game is launched, or if your controller have almost empty battery and go in sleep mode, then it's impossible to plug the controller again without restarting the game

2- Could be nice that when you lose the focus of the game (Alt+Tab or Windows key), it automatically pause the game.

3- You should have an audio feedback when it's not possible to put bombs, but you press the button

4- There is a graphical glitch when the screen is shaking, you can see white lines, maybe that could be fixed by changing the camera setup to "don't clear"

5- the fire sprite is too low on the grid, so sometimes it's hidden behind the Wheat field

6- The corn layer is not sorted correctly:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:04 pm 

Thanks for the detailed feedback! We'll try what you mentioned for the camera.
Point 6 is weird, there are sorting issues, but never saw that one. I wonder if it's linked to specific hardware. We'll investigate!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:16 pm 

andreadst wrote:
Thanks for the detailed feedback! We'll try what you mentioned for the camera.
Point 6 is weird, there are sorting issues, but never saw that one. I wonder if it's linked to specific hardware. We'll investigate!

I have a Geforce 750M and an Intel Core i7 with 16Gigs of ram